Phileo Lesaffre Animal Care
Published on Tue, 07/11/2017 - 9:35am
Phileo Lesaffre Animal Care.
Nothing is More Precious than Life.
Consumers are becoming more and more in tune with what they eat, where their food come from and how it is grown. At the same time, farmers and ranchers are raising the bar in the agriculture production systems by providing larger qualities of healthful products through innovative food production practices.
At the forefront of this agricultural evolution is Phileo Lesaffre Animal Care (www.phileo-lesaffre.com), the animal health and nutrition business unit of Lesaffre Yeast Corporation (LYC). LYC is a family-owned business that was founded in northern France in 1853 with a philosophy that “Nothing is more precious than life”. Phileo-Lesaffre team is a global expert in the field of yeast and yeast extract with a global presence in more than 70 countries with 56 production sites across the five continents.
The Phileo-Lesaffre team is working at the crossroads of nutrition and health and committed to delivering evidence-based solutions that enhance animal health and performance. The company’s development has been driven by innovation since 1853. More than 200 researchers actively collaborate with more than sixty university and research centers around the world. Phileo-Lesaffre provides nutritional solutions based on live yeasts, yeast fractions (components, extracts, etc.) and selenium-enriched yeasts. These products improve animal productivity through bolstering different species’ resistance to specific illnesses and helping to reduce the use of antibiotics. The team’s progress is measured by the most advanced scientific outcomes as well as the field input of experienced farmers.
With its U. S. headquarters in Milwaukee, WI and plants in Cedar Rapids, IA and Dothan, AL, Phileo-Lesaffre is committed to help provide livestock producers with evidence-based solutions that enhance animal health and performance. Research has demonstrated:
• Improvements in digestibility and bioavailability, for better feed efficiency and performance
• Cost-effective nutritional alternatives, providing substitutes for unsustainable or limited feed sources
• Control of the risk associated with bacterial toxins and mycotoxins through binding and detoxification
• Enhancement of immune response and digestive health in preventive management
• Reduction of pathogen pressure to help limit the risk of antibiotic resistance
• Optimisation of physiological mechanisms against stress, to support animal welfare
The Phileo-Lesaffre research and development team has spent years working to select the right yeast strain, to process the yeast strain in a proper and consistent manner and to produce a consistent effective end product tailored with a specific product use in mind. Live yeast is grown, safely without using any drugs or harmful additives. The end result is that animals are healthy, perform well and everything that is produce is ecologically safe for the environment and safe for humans.”
Everyday, more than one billion people around the world consume food made with Phileo-Lesaffre products. For cattle producers, four yeast products provide innovative solutions for a perfect integration into animal feed:
• ActiSaf is a thermostable live yeast Saccharomyces cerevisiae concentrate produced in microspherical form that is compatible with liquid and solid feedstuffs. It can be fed to dairy and beef cattle. Research has demonstrated that it lowers ruminal acidosis, while increasing average daily gain, feed efficiency and fiber digestibility.
• Procreatin 7 is a highly concentrated vermicelli form of proprietary Saccharomyces cerevisiae live yeast adapted for use in non-pelleted feed. Designed for dairy and beef cattle.
• SafMannan is a premium yeast fraction rich in mannan-oligosaccharides and B-glucans (1,3 and 1,6). SafMannan is obtained by autolysis of Saccharomyces cerevisiae proprietary yeast strains. Batch-to-batch consistency and high concentration in active ingredients allow SafMannan to achieve repeatable excellent performance.
• SelSaf3000 is a natural source of highly bioavailable organic selenium and is obtained from a proprietary yeast strain of Saccharomyces cerevisiae, specially cultivated on medium enriched with sodium selenite which is bio-transformed into an organic form by yeast cells.
The Bottom Line
Phileo Lesaffre Animal Care’s employees are working at the crossroads of nutrition and health. Producers wanting to learn more about the products can go to their local feed supplier and ask for Phileo Lesaffre Animal Care products by name or can contact the company through the website www.phileo-lesaffre.com.